Tuesday, June 5, 2012

I'm Sorry

There is nothing like perspective that can SLAP you on the face and leave a red mark. This morning my hubby sent me this youtube video.


After watching I felt like I was about 1 in. I have found myself too many times getting angry or frustrated with my parents for a handful of things. I guess I don't realize their age at those moments. At times I guess I expect them to act like me - 30 something. But they are set in their ways- their minds not too sharp, hearing not too great... I was and have snapped to quickly when they didn't hear me the first time or had me repeat myself what seemed like 20 times. It is easy for us to forget how often they repeated themselves to us as we were young children or babies... or the messes we made... or the mistakes we made. And at times - as a mom- we would get frustrated but never treated our kids out of anger (at least I hope not)....

 So to my parents who have just loved and cared for me all through my years- I am sorry that I did not pick up the phone to say "hi" or just repeated myself when you needed me to.

To my children... I am sorry for those moments where I rushed you or did not give you my full attention to watching you jump over a line in the sidewalk.... or listen to your very long story.......

I am human... I make mistakes.....my heart is always right but I fail to feel it at times. Please accept my apologies for not always doing what is right.

I LOVE you all so much and today I make a public promise to do better :)

Will you forgive me?

No comments:

Post a Comment