Monday, June 11, 2012

Morning MADDNESS

Lucky me got hit HARD with not only some sort of allergies but also a head cold. Can you utter M I S E R A B L E. Yes, that is I. Terribly miserable. My head feels like it has been smacked by a baseball bat. My eyes are so puffy and so itchy, I can't stop itching my face, I have scratched the corner of my mouth so much that it has been bleeding, my nose is stuffy and wont stop running.... ok - wth?! Why does it have to be stuffy AND runny. That is SO mean. My throat is so itchy that I cant stop making nasty growling sounds to make it feel better. Last night I was not able to breath through my nose- which made it so I couldnt sleep. In the 2 hours that I was able to sleep- I had to sleep with my mouth open..... which- you know when you are sick - does not equal out to a nice situation.

I swear something must have died and shedded itself in my mouth. Sucking on sand would have been more enjoyable. 

Because our room is still under renovation- our "bedroom" is still in the living room. I have not minded that at all ... until this morning..... My kids were eager to make sure I was up with them at 7:30am - which isn't really that big of a deal unless you are going on no sleep and your mouth is not producing spit of any sort.

My first goal of the morning... the coffee pot! And for anyone out there.... just so you know.... formula in the coffee pot does not produce coffee. I would love to say that this was my first time trying to use formula, but sleepy me... sadly this was my SECOND attempt to make coffee with formula. Not on purpose of course.. the can is sitting right there and well... it has a scoop in it so I was just in pilot mode. FAIL!

** DO NOT ATTEMPT TO MAKE COFFEE WITH FORMULA ON THE COUNTER ON SLEEPY MORNINGS- you will not get far***

I am not sure what upset me more... the fact that I just wasted formula or my coffee wasn't perking fast enough.

Finally I had a nice hot- sweet - cup of coffee and I was enjoying it as I was doing my morning reading on fb. Thankfully the kids were still quiet from eating breakfast and enjoying a little bit of cartoons. But here is where the morning starts to melt.

The kids finish eating and we start on our chores. I give the kids a fair warning that because I have got no sleep that I am honestly a crabby mommy today and to PLEASE (I was reverting to begging as only a mom can do) listen as best as they can and follow directions fully! I get up from my seat to start directing children to their chores and the next thing I know..... ugh... one of my boys has spilled my WHOLE cup of coffee ALL over my DESK... let me repeat so you feel my pain.. MY WHOLE CUP OF COFFEE.. that sweet- hot cup of therapy ALL OVER my desk. I was in no mood to deep clean my desk. Papers that were covering my desk were not- soggy. The dust that had collected in the back of the desk- behind the monitor was not... ummmm GROSS. After having my little temper tantrum (because after all I am no perfect mom) I grabbed the paper towels, cleaning solution and a sponge and got to cleaning. I have to admit that after a few minutes of "therapy" cleaning I then got into cleaning lol. Next thing I knew I was scrubbing everything on my desk and managed to dust my "office". Still not sure if that was a good thing or not- as my nose still wont act like Sybil. 

So I guess in retrospect, he did me a favor :)  I now have a sparkly clean desk :)



In mothering we are given daily lessons in life... and as much as I enjoy the organized life,I am grateful for the messes that my kids give me :)

1 comment:

  1. Sweet! Sorry about the spill, but it great when we actually get motivated to clean. May I suggest keeping the formula in the cabinet?

    ReplyDelete