Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Cupcake Confessions

I was writing the last line to the post... and it all got erased :( This has been my kind of day... and there are no more cupcakes to eat:(

I am not exactly sure how this all started but this cupcake craze hit me HARD. I have become a little obsessive- one might say, but it is so much fun to bake something, decorate all cute and give these little goodies away. It's pure happiness... in a wrapper :)

I had been cruising the Better Crocker website looking for dinner ideas when THIS recipe popped up.. I call it a sign from God lol- cupcakes for dinner!!!!

Holy Monkees- these were SO good! I made them- gave only 1 to each kid and then realized that by morning they were all gone. But I can not nor will I admit that * I * was the one that had a somewhat large midnight snack. Nope. NOT ME. Will. Not. Confess.

I figured that was so much fun, I would do more again but get a little creative on them. So I gathered up boxes of pudding and cake and these oh-so-delicious thin sugar cookies that I put in a lock box so that little fingers could not devour- Here is the end result- before the pig fest began :)


I personally HATED the chocolate frosting. But the cream cheese frosting was AMAMZING!!! You will have to try these..



Not too long after that, I got sucked into some other very creative sites and I entered into my stubbornness mind of wanting to create that exact thing. Ok so I gave myself this new challenge of figuring out HOW they decorated this one cupcake to make it so smooth looking. I poked and prodded my crafty friends and then found out that it was POURED Fondant. Ha! Who knew?! Now I was a mission. I MUST master this. I MUST get this... so I loaded up the boys and we headed to walmart for some goodies that were already made so that I could play with frosting. The mix for the poured fondant was actually super easy.



 I had to of course try to get a little fancy. I SUCK at frosting... Only because I am picky on what I want to create and right now I do not have the tools to do the trick, but I had fun with my little frosting dots and adding a little bling to them. 

I heard that these cookies got rave reviews from all the little taste testers I had.

ANd once again.. I got sucked into another site and found this Oh-so-yummy- Cherry Almond Cupcakes. I instantly started drooling. mmmmmmmm. I can totally already taste that goodness!!

Cast Of Characters
 Cherry yummies


 breaking eggs and just trying to get no shells and the whites in the mix. Tricky tricky
 mixing all the goodness together....
 pour a little and then lick everything clean as best as I can.... get full on batter and forget to eat the cupcakes! Batter is better!




 take one piece of each of the cherries that I cut and plop it in the middle of each cup of batter.. so you have a hidden cherry in each cup!!








I really have a lot of fun making yummies and I hope to keep doing more. A part of me would love to open a little cupcake shop but then again I wonder if they are THAT good to anyone else to actually do that. But it would be a lot of fun to have a little bakery- filled with colors and fun. A friend of mine had this great idea for a glass wall where kids can watch the goodies being made and also having a kids bake night and food fights.. hehehe. I think that all sounds like fun!

As for me, my wooden spoons and my confessions to my cupcakes.... Here is to another cupcake adventure!




...... Next story I will have to share my cake ball fight.... I HATE these things!....




No comments:

Post a Comment