Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Huh?!

There are a few things that I just don't understand when it comes to kids... Not babies or toddlers, but the older ones. I am hoping those that have older kids can chime in here...

Every day things are the same. Each has the same chores, the same rules... Same SAME S A M E
so that is why I find it difficult to understand why my house looks the way it does EACH and every SINGLE day. I mean, C'mon!!!

Today I have noticed that my frustration and annoying ability has grown deeper and deeper the more the day goes on. By now, for instance, I am so annoyed with everything and pretty much every one (no offense- just the way it is)
I looked down my hallway and I see PILES of blankets and other misc sheets... just laying there... just a few inches from the closet they were once in. Now I would LOVE to say that I have raised my kids pretty darn good. We have instilled manners and a bunch of other little things we find important... but one thing they can NOT seem to grasp is the fact of if something is not in its place or has fallen out- ESPECIALLY if you walk by or over it a few times a day...PICK THE DARN THINGS UP!!

This is where I loose my momma cool. I just DONT get it. At this moment I am so physically tired of repeating myself, I am gonna take a nap... and hopefully by the time I get gray hair... at least ONE child of mine that I have raised has finally listened.

I'm not asking for much... just pick up your stuff... otherwise I can't promise how much longer I can keep away the foaming-at-the-mouth, eye- twitching, head bouncing, mom :)

2 comments:

  1. LOL! Oh Jackie! I understand! Same thing here, great kids, get compliments on how great they are all the time! But they can't put shoes in a very obvious and designated place made just for shoes? But then what was I like at 10? 15? 18? It wasn't until I HAD kids that I started hating not being able to find things, always tripping over this that and the other! When your crawler is gonna grab your shoe and slobber on it, you start to remember to put it away. And when a new baby starts wandering all over they will get better at picking up then slowly it will get worse as the baby grows and then ugly mean mamas will have to come up with training techniques and schedules and God's patience as we continue to clean up after their little ungrateful butts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely sympathize with ya. Though in my opinion, they are children...I remember not wanting to pick stuff up either, so I don't mind asking them... its the 5th time I ask, that annoyance starts to get the best of me. and really, I leave my crap out too! So I had to shape myself up too. This week has been rough, really, really rough..

    But we are getting there, and my littles are doing things the first time... a few more things need ironed out and our house will be running much smoother.

    ReplyDelete