Saturday, May 14, 2011

A Beautiful Day



There are so many things in life that we take for granted... I know for me lately I have been one BIG negative Nelly. And for good reason. I am ONE uncomfortable- hormonal- coo-coo- prego woman. In fact, I should do everyone a favor by just wearing a sign around my neck that gives people a warning that there is no filter on my so called mouth of mine. Seriously...ANYTHING will come out.

Ok, but back to the "for granted" statement.

A few days ago I had one of my melt down moments because I felt like I hadn't seen my hubby in a while... and I hadn't. But he warned me a a week ago that due to his schedule, school and Lost In The 50's, I probably won't see him much at all. He is one busy man. Well I guess I just blocked it out or hoped that it wouldn't all be true. I have been SO needy lately that it has consumed our lives. It's in those moments where I get so blinded on all that he does for our family. And yes, I get selfish. I have in my mind that way that he should do things... which is so unfair.. I'm not the boss of him nor do I control him.... he knows more than I do what needs to be done. He is after all the man of the house. But I do have to remind him once in awhile, that there are 5 people here in the house and in his life that miss him and really need his time as much as his job or school does.
I am amazed on how many hours this guy works... NO WAY would I be able to do the things he does. I value sleep WAY too much. One of the things that tickles me is how open and willing he is to take one of the kids to the job site. Christopher is usually the lucky one, and he LOVES it out there... but Charley brings his little partner in crime with him.... and they have a good day and come back home all dirty from a hard days work :)
Charley NEVER complains or whines about what money we don't have. Which is awesome, because I am the worry wart on that one. But he is quick to put a hand on my shoulder to remind me that God will provide. And He always does!
And this guy is so patient. So much more than I am. I know the kids will one day really appreciate that. When there is a pocket of time in the day or night, he gracefully welcomes the kids climbing all over him or wrestles with them all on the floor. My kids... and I .... are very blessed to have this man in our life, who works so hard for us to have the things we have. And I so quickly forget and take for granted those little things he does. It is nice to not have the burden of him nagging me to work or find a job. He is so happy with me being at home being a mom and a housewife... although... I do go a little crazy, but it is really nice to have that luxury. Again... he scarifies a lot for us.

*** Charley, thank you so much for all you do for us. I know you are a hard worker and I appreciate it all. I am proud of you for what you do. Working full time and going to school and all the other little things you do, its a lot... and you NEVER complain. I am sorry that I do not thank you enough or show you enough how much I appreciate all you do. I love you with all my heart and soul... and I proud to be your wife :)
****

Another thing we can easily take for granted is car windows..... I know that sounds odd, but once you do not have access to be able to roll your windows down... you might possibly go crazy!
One day my windows stopped working along with all my instruments in the car... so no gas gauge, odometer, interior lights, radio....etc. Well, what seemed like a few months, we, together as a team we were able to get the instruments back working waHoOoo and he took the car in to get the windows back... and let me tell you how wonderful it was to feel that fresh air again while driving..... it was WONDERFUL. my kids always had this "perfect" timing for letting out this powerful smelly gas from their bottoms and as they all thought it was funny... I was turning green and now way able to get the smell out until I got out of the car.. so being able to use those windows again was amazing. Thank you baby!


So today was a big treat for me as I was able to drive down the highway in this beautiful weather with my windows rolled down and the radio turned up!!

This morning when I woke, I remembered that this weekend was the big Just Between Friends consignment sale in CDA. It worked out for me today that I was able to go... and just before leaving, hubby told me that my SIL would be able to watch the kids for me. SCORE! Of course as I was leaving I received 3 pouty looks from the kids and thankfully the man of the house spoke up in my defensive and explained that "momma needs a day off and time for herself too"... hearing those words was like .....foreplay....with chocolate covered strawberries and nice glass of bubbly wine!

So out the the consignment sale I went... all...by...myself :) and I was going to meet up with an old friend.. it was going to be a great day. Seeing my friend and her ADORABLE little baby was nice, but I was disappointed in not finding the clothes I needed, BUT, I did score a bassinet for the new baby for $12. I was SUPER happy with that!! At least that was one things crossed off my baby list :)
My next stop was Costco. When I pulled into the parking lot, you could smell home baked cookies coming from inside. I don't think I got out of my car fast enough. It smelt so good!! And yes I did manage to get cookies...and fruit... and more baked goods.... and pound cake. I LOVE me some pound cake. And I loved the lady that was giving the samples out of it. I wish I could have taken her home with me. When I walked up she asked how far along I was and kept complimenting me on how great I looked. At first I didn't know what to say! After she said it again and then asked what number baby this was and then in shocked asked what I was doing to look so great... I couldn't stop smiling. The feeling of looking like a Oompha Loopa pass for a few moments. Thank you Costco lady... you made my day!!!

We closed the night by having some yummy rib eye steaks, corn on the cob and potatoes..... so my belly is full, body is sore and extremely tired.... but it was a great day.


Here is a pic of the prego creature! Its funny looking at this because I see so many "flaws". But I do have to be grateful for the gift that God has given us. I know there are many women out there who can't have any children and I am one of the blessed one that is able to carry a baby. No matter how ugly it makes me look or feel, it is still a blessing. It is really amazing to be able to feel this growing miracle inside me and knowing that in a few (long) months, I will be able to meet this little person. So till then you are going to have to ignore my acne- teenage skin, basketball large belly, hips, thighs, arms and face and ignore that extra fuzz growing all over my body. One day ( I pray) it will all go back to normal and I won't feel like a freak of nature :) By that time, I will just feel like an everyday overworked mom :)



No comments:

Post a Comment