Thursday, June 23, 2011

Let's Have FUN!!

Yesterday was one of those WONDERFULY-perfect days... The kids were even great!!

The day started with us hanging out with our Uncle Ted as we did some shopping in town. The boys got to be spoiled as they found some treasures at Good Will. They scored on some baseball gear. Our afternoon ended with a little ice cream treat down at Dubs. Since Uncle Ted isn't from here, he was a little more than shocked when our total only came out to $1.70 for 4 baby cones. I just think of it as mommy's happy meal!!

By the time we got home, I tried my hardest to enforce nap time... of course THAT didn't happen but I managed my way thru it. It wasnt until we headed back into town that my little monkey man finally fell asleep... in the car, no less.. you know, that one place where mommy can't sleep!

We headed into town that evening for a family picnic dinner brought to us by Burger Express. I was CRAVING some onion rings and let me tell you.. they were GUUUUUUUUUU-oooood! I don't even think I came up for air on those. I remember sticking my hand in, shoving my face with them and then the next thing... they were GONE! I better stop talking about them or else I will have to go all the way back into town for more.....but hmmmmm... suddenly doesn't sound like a bad idea ***thinking..... thinking****

Oh yes... family time... it was great... After they all ate and built up their energy again, they all played tag and wrestle mania with each other and daddy. I was hoping that it would have drained all their energy just in time for bed time... but I had no such luck! After I picked grass out of knees and collected all the running kiddos, we headed home.

The boys right away jumped out of the car and headed to the back yard to play some "baseball". It brought such a huge smile to my face to see them playing.... of course little Charlie Joe was just wandering around the backyard with the baseball helmet on. Hubby and I just sat there smiling at them all. Hubby made a comment that he looked like a character from spaceballs. LOL So true.. he was so cute.. of course after that comment I couldn't get the theme song from Star Wars out of my head. Check out how cute he is!!



















we finished off the night by relaxing and watching the sun go down in the hot tub.. ahhhhh. I am so glad we have one of those.


.... A few other things that happened that made me giggle.....
As we were heading to grab our dinner, I happened to look over at my daughter- who was by the way wearing a tank top... well I noticed something dark by her arm pit... when I looked closer I realized what I was looking at.
"DANG GIRL!!! You need to keep shaving that! Once you do it, you gotta keep at it"
the look on her face was priceless!!!! I didn't mean to embarrass her but GOOD GRAVY!! It looked like she was smuggling chewbacca under there!! She BEGGED me not to tell her dad- she thought he would just make fun of her... poor girl... of course HE wouldn't.... but this was just too funny NOT to blog! I remembered the day my mom "embarrassed" me at that age... but she did hers in PUBLIC. We were having dinner with family members at a seafood restaurant down south called Shells... I was laying on her lap while we were waiting for dinner and she looked down and checked out my armpits... she then in her-not-so-quiet voice, exclaimed that not only did I need to shave but also NEEDED to start wearing deodorant. Then... as to make matters worse, she decided to share how bad my BO was for a 10 year old.
Luckily for MY daughter, I did no such thing :) But the poor girl was mortified that I noticed her ...ummm... growth. Later that night when we got home, the first thing she did was shower. LOL

Of course she closed the night with another funny. I was sitting on the porch- relaxing... when she came stomping up the stairs and threw herself down in a chair next to me. When I asked her what was wrong... this is what she said.

" I am SO annoyed"
"with what?"
"with my voice.. its so annoying. I cant stand the way I hear"

{this is the moment I start giggling}

" I mean it mom... its so annoying. I don't like it, I wanna change it"

{now at this point I am just ROLLING.}

" It's not funny mom. seriously. I like my other voice"
" Your other voice?? you mean your high pitch whining voice?"

.. this is the moment where she just glared at me and if she could have thrown daggers at me, she could have.
..... I am still laughing at this point. As soon as I catch my breath I tell her that I love her and she is perfect in every way...

but she sure did give my belly a good workout!!! What a great day!


as far as today went...... I am gonna go ahead and plead the fifth on that one!


No comments:

Post a Comment