Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Birthday Boy!

So, early this month.. See, I told you I was working a little backwards, was my little man's birthday. He was turning that oh-so-rowdy- TWO. I personally think he had mastered the terrible two's WAY before this birthday came along.

I remember when we he born and I would sit around just gazing at him- smiling... in fact my SIL and I would make comments on how this little boy was going to be so calm and be the "easy" one of them all.... well fast forward a few months later and we were eating our words... and today I do believe I choke on them. He is SO not that calm little boy. This little one keeps up with the other ones with NO FEAR. I have seem him climb to the highest point on my couches, jump from everything he could possibly jump from and climb the highest bunk bed. I think he is determined to give me either gray hair or a heart attack before I reach 35!

For his birthday this year we decided that we as a family needed a break from our daily lives... so we loaded up the camper and headed out for a family camping trip. It really was enjoyable. We didnt plan anything special for him.... Please dont send me any rude comments on NOT doing a big who-ha over a birthday- we just played as a family while we were camping and when we got home, it was just the kids having a cupcake. Yes, I did buy the little one a birthday gift... an indoor slide, which at times is NOT a great idea. Between these 4 kids, they have thought of everything they could do on this slide.... it's a darn good thing its a little PLASTIC slide.
Here are a few images from our camping weekend and this FUNNY (kind of long) video of us singing happy birthday to the little man!

Here are some of the highlights that happened that weekend:

* RELAXATION

* SLEEP

*Played a family game of volleyball. Yes, even this whale of a momma got out and played. The kids thought it was very funny seeing me play. Little turkey's!!

* Christopher took off his training wheels on day one and MASTERED it within seconds. Very impressive

* Relaxed some more











Golly.. I just LOVE his smile.




The birthday video.
ugh. birthday video wont load.. will have to try again another time

No comments:

Post a Comment