Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter

Wow.... what a few days it has been! I am just lucky I didn't write on the blog on THAT bad day. I think ya'll would have called someone to have me committed somewhere. I was almost certain my hubby was close to making that call.

Saturday was such a beautiful sunny day and we enjoyed it at my parents house in our little early Easter celebration. During their Easter egg hunt, I was trying to take photos of them since we really haven't done that in years, but getting photos of 4 of them running in opposite directions was like herding hyper cats. Here is a few that I did manage to get...







And a nice butt shot of my dad..


and look at that excitement on their faces for a group photo


For the past few years, celebrating the holidays have been hard for me. Not sure why... I used to be ALL OVER Them and having fun right along with them. Maybe I'm just old and cranky or grew up to be boring.... There are times when I really miss being that goofy holiday freak I was.. but then there are moments where I am so glad I didn't get all caught up in spending money on ANOTHER thing. Maybe I should make a pledge to myself that this year to really try to be FUN. At least 2 holidays... I should find the picture of Lilly and I from the last halloween we celebrated.



3 hours later......
ok so I had to do a quick trip to the store and on the way home I was thinking about the whole holiday thing.... I think ONE of the reasons is because of the weather. My fave holiday used to be Halloween... I used to LOVE it.. .not that I celebrated in a demented way...well I used to love scary makeup, but for the family mom I am, I keep it to nice things.. Nothing scary. When I lived in Florida (ahhhh good 'ol sunshine state) every year I used to take the kids to this harvest party that my church did. It was a great event. We all got dressed up, had free hot dogs and soda and then at the end of the night, we all went Trick or Trunkin'. If you have never heard of it... a bunch of cars get lined up and they filled their trunks with candy so the kids can safely go trick or treating... It was a lot of fun. Another fun thing they did, was for the full month of October, out in front of the church- which by the way was on a very busy street, they had a little pumpkin patch. You could go in and either look around or purchase a pumpkin. Through out that "patch" they had these adorable photo op places. Now, I am thinking.... why will Sandpoint NOT do something like this. Why must a family travel almost 2 hours away to do something family orientated like that?? I know my hubby doesn't like that idea... and neither does the debit card- especially with these gas prices!
I am thinking to myself that this is perfect for a local church or charity.. They raise money for their organization and it gives our families here in Sandpoint something fun and safe to do... it is even doable in our weather. With 2 small kids, I do not like going to overly populate- no adult supervision places... C'mon SANDPOINT... THINK!! We can do this!!


...................................

ok... I have said my peace.

......................................


ok back to "Easter"
On Easter Sunday I was perfectly happy that we did our celebration on Saturday. But my hormones were on a rampage and out to get someone... anyone that crossed my path. On that particular day... I targeted in on sweet 'ol hubby.
(insert scary movie music here)
All I kept saying to him " I wanna get out of here.. its too nice to be here"
I guess what I meant was.. I was sick and tired of listening to kids cry, scream, fight and not listening. I was tired of the house and these 4 stinken walls. I was tired of just always doing the same ol errands... The Black -Hole of Wal-Mart
I wanted to drive out to Coeur d alene. Yeah.. for those that are from here.. there is nothing special about that place... except PEOPLE and STORES.
When I couldn't express myself the right way, all I could do was cry. "Why couldn't this man understand me?!!??"
"what more do I need to say besides TAKE US OUT OF HERE"

I honestly believed I cried for about 3 hours that day.

In a moment of his own frustration he asked me to post a "wanted" ad on facebook for a babysitter so he could take his loony wife out. Of course no one was available.. it was a family holiday. But we got my mother to fall victim to my gang. So out to dinner we went.
My attitude still wasn't getting much better. The longer he was on his phone- the more it made me just want to go home... then that sweet sack of man of mine, decided to examine the roll of quarters. I couldn't even tell you for what reason anymore because I was no way impressed.
Finally we decided to play a few games of pool. Now, let me tell you.. I suck at this game.. in fact that doesn't even describe the way I play. Here is how I do it :) I look at the white ball- figure out what other colored ball or stripy ball is close and just try to hit it.. No reason to the game except HIT A BALL!!! Now, if I get a ball in that is the design I am suppose to hit... then SCORE for me!!
The first round, I would have to say I was kicking his butt. For a moment I was getting all cocky in my pregnant state thinking that my new balance was making me a good pool player... but after that game, Charley quickly reminded me that I once again- with or without my new body image- I still sucked.

It was fun though to get out and do something different. I hope I can find things to keep me sane. I feel like I am in this wicked cyclone that is taking over my life. It feels like you are watching everyone else's life continue and go around... and there I am in the middle of it all- going no where.

Pregnancy sure has me as one fruity and loopy mom... but in the end I know its all worth it. In fact, I have 6 more days till we find out if we are having a

OR a

:)




Oh.. I almost forgot the funniest thing that happened.. Silly me
So on Sunday as I was getting ready, my older son.. which will be left un-named at this moment due to the nature of his comment....He walked into my bathroom, where I spent at least an hour of time trying to look somewhat..... pretty....he looked at me and sighed and said,
"you look much better NOT pregnant"
now, I had to seriously take a moment to myself and think if he might have said something different... but this sweet child of mine that I had carried inside me and raised and loved and given him shelter.... said it again.... I kicked him out of my room! In one personality I was thinking, "OFF WITH HIS HEAD!" and the other personality was thinking.... "oh you just wait my sweet child... I'll get you my pretty"


On the way home from our date, Christopher would just NOT stop talking. I mean really, how much could a 4 year old have to say??!! The way he was talking reminded me of a certain commercial so I got a bright idea for him to say it ... "Aflac"
I only wish I had it on video because it was so much more funnier to here him say it...But if you could, in your 4 year old cute boy voice imagine as he says, " awfluck" When I began to laugh, he said it again but this time he said "ifuck". Oh man... I was ROLLING. Every time I heard Charley chuckle I just laughed even harder... I laughed so hard that no sounds were coming out but the tears were rolling down and my face was getting all distorted. Have you ever laughed that hard?? to where your face feels like its all contorted in some freakish way??
Yeah... that was me. I was glad it was dark out and no one could see me.
I am just glad I was able to laugh without peeing myself.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you got out and had fun, even if Charley beat ya!

    Gotta love kids. Geeesh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys should come over for a BBQ we will be getting that warm weather soon? and bring the kids they can play at the park.

    ReplyDelete