Thursday, April 21, 2011

A Play Day

It's morning again... and all I want to do at this moment is enjoy my breakfast. All that is happening is everything BUT that. Can't a girl just enjoy some eggs!?
I am really hoping today turns out to be good. A relaxing day would be nice- along with great behaving kids that have the best listening skills ever! LOL... Almost sounds like I am dreaming huh?

Yesterday I would have to say was a pretty good afternoon. It started like any other- not wanting to get out of bed, but hubby woke me up singing and playing "Good Morning Beautiful". I think that has got to be a great way to wake up :)
After wiping away the sleep from my eyes, Charlie Joe was right there waiting for me to play with him. Oh if only this kid knew how early it was for me... I think we would get along a little better. I tried to sidetrack him but having him go find his book, but its like he has radars on all of them. He was back in less than 3 seconds. Dang. Now I have to read. After reading I did manage to get him to play with some toys as I sat in the sun that was beaming from our window.... ahhh... if I had a hammock I would have been in heaven sitting in that spot. after I got him occupied with a toy, I went and grabbed my camera to try to capture a few pics.






This is my concentration face




After a quick pizza lunch



I decided it was time to get out of the house and enjoy what sun we had. So we ventured out to the park!
Although it was a little chilly (brrrr) they all had a good time!! It was so much fun seeing them laughing and running and just being a kid.
There was this big red slide- everyone seemed to enjoy- but Charlie Joe just kind of stood there for a moment starring at the stairs. Finally he braved them and stood at the top. There he stood again pausing wondering what to do. I think it took him 15 min of watching and having his sister take him down to enjoy it and go back. From that moment on, I couldn't get the kid to play on anything else.





The funniest moment was when Chris climbed this rock wall and got all the way to the top, yelled at me to look at what he did.... then started crying when he realized how far he was up. At first i was like "oh please Lord, don't make me have to climb up there to get him", but with a little guidance from his ever-so-cleaver mom, I was able to guide him down, where he hugged me and then took off running towards another adventure.






Poor Lilly, I can tell that she needs a friend of her age. She tried playing with her brothers but they really didnt want anything to do with her. This is one of the many reasons I am so excited for her to start school next year. She is going to have a lot of fun and meet a lot of new friends.





After our play date I decided to take the kids out for little ice cream. That is when things started to get a little stressful. Charlie Joe wanted to continue to run around and each kid was begging me to order something other than what we came for. Blood pressure was starting to rise!!! By the time we sat down to try to enjoy the ice cream, my body was screaming at me to go home and get back to bed! Everything was in pain. Could I even make it home??

Once we got home... no one wanted to listen anymore... and all I wanted to do is hide in my room and sleep till tomorrow. I guess its one of the perks of being a mom.. no naps!

Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment