Friday, May 4, 2012

You Belong In A Zoo

Not sure if that quote is better suited for me or for my kids :)

Rebecca came up for another visit so we did what we do well... PLAN and PLOT. During this visit she was going to be here during Matty's birthday so we planned a family day out to the zoo in Bismarck

We loaded up the kids, took some potty breaks, I had an emotional breakdown... and finally we arrived :) Charley had never (that he could remember) going to a zoo. I have been many times- although none have been to a HUGE SUPER zoo- that is on my Life Bucket List. He was excited to see some Lions, Elephants and Giraffes. AS for me... the monkeys always get me and I love to watch the elephants. They are just AMAZING to me. In fact, I wouldn't mind having one as a pet. I shall name her Sasha and she would so loveable and witty :)


Ok, so our family of 8 made our way thru the gates and were greeted by mini horses- which you could not help but make sweet baby sounds at them.. heheheh. But in the corner of my eye I spot some feisty goats. BABY GOATS. Oh my word- now they are adorable!!! And HUNGRY! And they too get feisty. A few of them were trying to get to the other zoo visitors who were feeding other goats- and they would RAM each other.. it was HILARIOUS! ..... Ok I just noticed that I am typing a lot with my caps.... is that strange??!! There was this one goat- no idea if it was male or female- but I am going for male- he was climbing up the short fence to get to people so he could eat more. Silly goat.


As we wondered around following the paths thru the zoo, we were all just in awe of what we saw. Not that it was anything SPECTACULAR, but it is neat to see animals that you don't get to... Like Otters. I love those creatures. They had only 1 in the pool and he was playful! He would swim circles for the people that were watching thru the glass.. then he would climb up to his tree limb and stand there and pose for everyone that was watching from up top... it was great.. and he kept doing it - over and over lol.


OHHHH Another cute creature I would LOVE to have are those adorable Prairie Dogs.. oh my goodness they are so cute!! They look so cuddly... and fuzzy... yes- ME WANT!!


Some of the other animals I enjoyed wathcing were the Bears... ohh yes.. I could have sat there ALL day. They too were playful. And man, they are so cute!! When we lived in Idaho, I wanted to see a bear so bad- while I was in my car- with the windows rolled up of course. They were a lot of fun watching :) *sigh*
OHHhhhhhh. They had some wolves there too... not anything like the wolves back in Idaho but it was really interesting watching them scan everyone. It reminded me of the movie "The Grey" - If you haven't seen it- you should. I thought it was going to be a cheesy remake of Alive but it was really good!!

 Ok so... these wolves would lock eyes with you and walk back and forth against the fence line- back and forth- back and forth. Almost... wait- yes- it WAS creepy. In the next  fenced area- they had some bigger wolves and I DO believe the alpha male was in there because he would NOT let any of the other wolves get close to the fence.. He would actually growl and snarl at them... all while he was watching us all. F R E A K Y.


Over all it was a nice trip. I think next time I will leave the dramatic emotions at home and enjoy being a kid again at the ZOO!

















No comments:

Post a Comment