Monday, September 9, 2013

Spicy Little Sucker

I usually LOVE Monday's. It seems like the only day of the week that I feel really put together, but not this Monday. We all woke up late, made the kids rush to get themselves ready and then made them walk to school. Got a phone call from hubby to check our acct- not good so I had to play accountant without any coffee yet. So far- not a peachy morning.

I tried to go down to our bank to make a deposit and their internet was down- which means they could not make any depsoits. Ok- totally not good for the home team, but then I remembered that I have that cool little phone app that I can take a picture of a check to deposit. SWEET!!

So I get home and try to do more accounting role play, clean the house, do more laundry, clean the bathroom (yuck), pick up left over breakfast messes. I try to sit down and do some important family research only to get bambarded with 2 boys that want to use my head as a hat and my body as a trampoline.

Where's that damn cup of coffee??

So finally I say screw it and gather the boys to take them to the gym for them to run off some of this energy. I hop my squishy butt on a bike - thingy machine, plug in some pandora, try not to sing out loud and do some candy crushing.

.. Super fast forward... get home, feed the animals, put one into quiet time and the other down for a nap- at least praying for a nap so I don't start foaming at the mouth from parental stress. I grab my bag of super hot Jalapeno chips- so dang hot but so dang good and I sit my squishy butt on the couch to enjoy some well deserved quiet time.

And that only took a total of 5.5 seconds for it to end. A cute little bouncy toddler came running towards me- I like to believe he heard the bag open. He decided to take a seat next to me and flash his big blues at me- you know... butter me up so I would give him a chip.
I said over and over again "no, HOT!" But after the 20th time I let the little hungry Jack dig his hands into the bag for a little taste. Now, Jack doesn't do small when it comes to food. This sweet boy believes he must take as much as he can into his mouth to enjoy whatever he can shovel in there.

Now here comes the part where my parenting might look a little gray.

I sat back and watched him. Chew by chew. Waiting for the reaction.

At first he just sat there- eating chips like it was some yummy ruffle. Then it came...

That look like something was just not right. I couldn't hold back my little giggles. He blinked a few times and gave a half giggle like it was actually funny, which only made me laugh out loud.
His eyes started to tear up a little more and he decided that sitting next to me was the issue. SO he got up and walked across the couch to the other side. By that time he was making wimpering sounds.

*inset mommy laughing harder*

I told him to go throw it away but that little turkey just looked me straight in the face and spit it all out on my couch and then began to lick the couch as to if that taste would make the chip taste and burn go away.

I quickly stopped laughing at that point.

No comments:

Post a Comment