Monday, September 23, 2013

Pot Head

It's not what you think exactly but considering it's not even 10am- I thought it was a great title for today!

We have 5 days till we leave for Colorado and I really can't tell you how happy I am. Well, excited till I realize how long my list is- personal and business. But today... oh today is the winner winner chicken dinner... ohhh yumm that actually sounds good. How sweet it would be to crawl into the corner of my living room, hide inside a box and chow down on a bucket of KFC chicken and cole slaw. Num num....

ok where was I??

Oh yes.. so today my lovely hubby calls to tell me he loves me and at the end of our conversation he tells me to have a productive day. {not in a bad way just praying I have a good day}. Oh how I wish I can take those words and beat them over the head of someone!
I started my morning with a bowl of oatmeal and editing- so far so good. Then I start on that "list".

I try my handy dandy hands on tying to take apart bunk beds. I get one side off successfully. Feeling very proud and roar like a prod lioness. I attack the other side with a smile that quickly turns into a mad woman foaming at the mouth and eye twitching. I am pretty sure I developed another personality at this point. I decide to leave that side alone knowing that hubby would rescue me. Great ok... so I vacuumed one side, found a spider, tried to kill it with a stick that was so nice and handy under bed 1. Sadly when I went to squish that nasty spider, I lost it and have no idea where that sucker went, but I vacuumed the heck out of that carpet hoping I killed him with my mad vacuuming skills. Starting to feel proud of myself again, I went to to bed 2. Damn, same thing. So I pumped up my muscles and dragged that sucker across the room so I could at least clean under the bed. Besides the misc paper, pencils, bottle caps, blocks, crayons and things that I do not even want to know or touch, I noticed some kind of harden green goo on the carpet. Ohhh here comes the split personality.

I am pretty sure by now I blacked out from gross frustration and wondered to the laundry room. And what do my wondering eyes see?! A big pile of clothes that includes a great mixture of clean and dirty. Like they were having their own American Ninja Battle. I slowly walked out. That was the only great solution i could think of, of that moment.

Upstairs I start to clean the kitchen breakfast mess- you know that pile of cereal and milk goop that is left on the table that NO one sees as they are leaving for school. I gracefully walked into a pile of that lovely stuff on the floor so I had to hobble my ass over to the sink to clean off whatever I could from the towels and now my sock. Suddenly I heard this crash from the other room. I paused for a moment to hear if a child is hurt or they just decided to remodel wherever they were. When I heard the screaming I took off running.... where I find my dresser has fallen on Jack, scentsy warmer with wax all over the floor, wall and when I looked.. all over jack. He was fine- scared mostly. But he was talented enough to get the wax to fall on his head.. in his hair. IN HIS HAIR. How the heck am I going to get that out?!



At that moment I have decided to say "screw you list" and first google how to get wax out of carpet and then google how to get wax out of hair- I can't be the only one this happened to, right? please let there be another mom out there! So as I come to sit on my couch to google and blog my lovely day, my butts gets cold really fast. UGH- someone peed on the couch. DAMN IT!

Where's my chicken and box fort when I need it!??


Awww but when I least expect it and need it the most, here comes Jack to gives me hugs and kisses.  MMmmmm and his head smells so good.

1 comment:

  1. Hope your day gets better!!! If you figure out how to get wax out of carpet... let me know. I was too lazy to figure it out! Yup, Scentsy adorns the carpet in the ONLY room that has carpet in our house! lovely.

    ReplyDelete