Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Growing Pains

The life of ups and downs can be a real rollercoaster. Some days can be a real jerk but others can be a beautiful ray of sunshine!!

Last night I made a list of things I wanted to accomplish which was taking a shower and putting on makeup to get the day started. I kept talking myself in and out of just the simple task of showering, but I did finally do it which made the task of making coffee even more enjoyable :)

I got the kids off to school, saw hubby off to work, met a friend for coffee and folded socks. Ok, first now.. I HATE folding socks. HATE it.. I am glad we have socks- especially in this house with sticky floors, but matching everyones but hubby's in a real pain in the ass. It was even more enjoyable after I noticed and had to do sniff test, that someone mixed dirty socks with the clean ones. Boys are gross!

To add to the grossness of the day, I scrubbed our bathroom- which felt so wonderful after it was all done. I kept walking back and forth to look at how clean it was. Now all I needed to do was vacuum and not let anyone step on the carpet.

I even made dinner.

Over all a very successful day. I really hope tomorrow I have the same energy. Now, if I could find some quiet time to edit- that would be great.. ohhhh and even better if I was snacking on movie theater popcorn and chocolate... num num

but... the day can't be it's usual self without the choas of kids. Lilly had taken Jack in her room and she fell asleep... well Jack decided that his body was the perfect canvas for a black sharpie. The little turkey has learned that the first thing he does when he wakes up, comes home, plays- if takes off all his clothing - down to naked little butt. Well that sharpie found his artistic self all over his legs, butts, arms, hands and.... to his whoooha.  So while that child was coloring himself another one was outside playing. Only I learned he wasn't playing... he was mad at his friend (neighbor) and decided that he needed to throw rocks and a large piece of glass over the fence. Seriously- WHO does THAT?!

I immediately called our neighbor and apologized and offered to help clean up. Good gravy- they can go crazy. But it is always a successful day when no one has to take a trip to the doctors!


As everyone was cleaning up dinner my daughter started to freak out a little and scream that I needed to get away from the window. SHe was freaking out because the boy she liked was at our house. This boy has been "interested" in daughter since last year. But our daughter has a very protective dad- who will make a person go through hell and back to just be able to say hello. Not to mention 2 other protective males in the house that a boy also has to go through. Basically- this kid has no luck.

A few weeks ago this kid showed up to the house wanting to talk to Lilly. thankfully one of the guys were here to send him away. A message was then sent back to this kid that if he wanted to talk to his daughter he was going to have to call the man of the house first.
For a while we didn't hear or see the kid, until one day, we did try to call and text big daddy! Well daddy's response was for this kid to write him an essay answering 2 questions.

1. Why do you want to date my 13 yr daughter
2. Why would she want to date you?

Charley thought for sure that would make the kid run for a while.. I mean for a 13/ 14 yr old boy- this was more than a hassle for him.

So we thought.

Well this determined kid showed up tonight to talk to hubby! Of course I had to go outside and hear the details- hense the dramatic episode of daughter shrieking at the window.

There was a little chit chat about family and a little talk about being old school and how we want the best for Lilly and most of all someone to respect her.

After the kid left, I felt a little tug in my heart for him. He seemed to have been respectful and trying his best to follow what Charley wanted. I got a little broken hearted when I realized that my little lil bug wasn't 2 anymore. She is VERY 13, but I vow to keep her "old school" as long as I can. I mean she is lucky enough to be able to wear makeup out of the house and shave her legs right now!

Some reason I don't think I was that young to do all that!

Watching your kids grow up is hard. In ways it is happy and fun but most times I want to hang on so tight and not let them go anywhere. I miss rocking a snuggling baby in the crook of my neck or the smell of a freshly cleaned baby. Now all I seem to smell is pee and dirty feet.

But the love is still as strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment