Monday, April 9, 2012

Rabid Pack Of Baboons

Yup- thats what I am calling them... In fact there are 5 of them- but one doesnt count just becuase he's still in that CUTE mode. I have named them Lilly, Matty, Christopher, and Charlie Joe. Holy Freaking BABOON balls!
The day started- last week!! The schools up here called for an Easter break- which is totally different than spring break. What's the point of a 4 day weekend?? To torture the parents with candy-filled children?? Hmmm, someone needs to teach that calendar person a lesson!! I had great plans for them but they quickly deminished like my milk boobs. All I wanted was a fun-filled- great attitude- I love you mom- you are the best- weekend, but Nooooooooooooooo that was a little too much to ask for :(

I wanted to really go to the library to get a book - which I found out they DON'T have (boogers), but after just making one stop to the store for a bag of much needed pull-ups { another story for another time}they decided that this public place would be great to use LOUD outside voices, scatter when I call them and pretend to have a hearing problem when I call their name.... oh yes.. and we can't foget the part where I said, " Let's go to another line- this is taking too long" and my spunky -oh-so-opinionated son says- in his loudest voice, " forget waiting, let's just steal it!" I seriously think I left a pile of poo on the floor when he said that... We of course stepped out of the long line where I had to explain to him a few life lessons. WTF did he GET that??!

As for the rest of the errands I had to do - which included going to the state office to drop off papers in a crowded room that smelled like play-doh as my toddler was yelling at me to play with my -now dead- phone, a 5 yr whining cuz I won't let him play, and my pre-teen daughter who decides she was going to go on a scavenger hunt thru my once organized diaper bag and then fully decides to PUBLICLY talk back to me when I ask her stop. Not just once talking back, but won't STOP talking... are you serious??!!!! WHO ARE THESE KIDS?! All I could muster when we got in the car was " wait till your dad gets home".. As I sat there in the sun for just a brief moment to get away from that frazzled hair, twitching eye, foaming mouth mommy moment - all I wanted at that moment was a freaking ice cream!! Not that I just wanted it.. I NEEDED it.. I CRAVED it. I told my hubby that was my smoke break. He gave me a smart ass remark which I could not find ANY humor in at that moment.

So I drove us all home... still twitching here and there.... booted them out of the car and sat my butt on the computer to vent :) Because I know you understand .... and can relate. If you can't relate to this....

please don't respond... as I dont like you (just kidding.. but seriously don't respond if you are one of those lucky moms!)

 the one that makes my heart melt





and me... well... trying to survive LOL....


I love them all- i do.. I just want simple things.. like peeing without company or questions, obedient children in public and a hot meal

1 comment:

  1. Definitely not too much to ask for! As we're in the middle of a disappointing day right now ourselves all I wanted the kids to do was stop talking and feed themselves some lunch. Not so hard right?! But I guess at 2 and 5 it is :-). Hope you get a "smoke break"!

    ReplyDelete