Monday, August 8, 2011

Sex Education

Everytime we get in the car- so it seems- my almost 5year old wants to do a spanish counting lesson. That is all we heard tonight on the way TO the store... now, on the way back he wanted daddy to tell him again what the German numbers were.....

backstory.... a few months ago, Charley was teaching the kids how to count in German and one of the numbers (6) sounds like the word "sex", we ALL of the kids busted up laughing and just couldn't get enough of hearing that!!

So on the way HOME tonight, Christopher asked daddy to count for him again in German...
"eins, zwei, drei, vier, fünf, sieben, acht, neun, zehn"

if you counted that, you would see that he skipped the ONE funny one (sechs)

Christopher says, " no say all of it"... we just giggled as he KNEW he had skipped one... so daddy asked, "all of them? what did I skip?"

" you know... (giggle- giggle) that one...."

"which one, Chris?"

(giggle giggle) "you know... that "sex" one" (giggle giggle)

this point I was just laughing... My kid is smart.. I couldn't believe he KNEW which one Charley skipped.
So Charley asked him .." what is sex Chris?"
I'm thinking.. oh good lord... ANYTHING can come out of his mouth. I was preparing my tummy and bladder for a good laugh.

"sex...is GROSS!!!"

"But what is sex?- What does it mean"?

"It's Gross- I don't want to talk about it"

"well, you and mom do it...... Wyatt's dad and mom do it.... Patrick and his wife Jessica do it"

...at this point, not only am I in shock that he knew what he was talking about but then he listed PEOPLE- couples- MARRIED couples. Charley just smiled and said he was a smart kid.

Well, I guess Chris thought saying the word "sex" was funny at this point, so he kept saying it but daddy shut him down and told him that he didn't need to say it anymore and when he was about 10 they would talk about it again... but Christopher had to come back and say, "how about when I am 9".. Charley thought about it for a moment and said, "at this rate, it may need to be sooner..maybe 7"- then he gave me that look like I need to be prepared that this kid is smarter than the average kid we have. GULP

As Christopher would say "O M G"






















No comments:

Post a Comment