Saturday, March 9, 2013

30 Something Going On 13

I officially have a TEENage daughter in the house. I never thought this day would come... I mean I knew it would come but I just enjoyed envisioning my kids still young as toddlers running a muck through the house. Now, I have an emotional TEEN dancing, running, crying, yelling, laughing and singing through the house.

What is even more crazy is still have littles in diapers WHILE having a teen. I mean its great having someone always available to watch the littles while I [try] work, shower or once in a while sleep in.

Wednsday, Lilly turned the big 1 3 and I wanted to do something special and fun.. and a little embarrssing for her. So I decided that a special delivery at school with 13 balloons, 13 flowers and a tiarra would be great. Then I thought that it would be even FUNNIER if I showed up in a tutu and crazy hair. Well lucky for her I didn't find or have time to make a tutu.... so instead her dad and I stopped at her school during lunch and surprised her. She was sitting in the back of the room- with her back towards us- PERFECT. So we walked in... calling her name- louder and louder until the WHOLE room was paying attention and she turned around.. "lilly..... LILLY.....LLLLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYY"
When she finally let herself acknowledged us, she stood up- just as everyone starting singing Happy Birthday. To my surprise, she started crying and did not want to let go of me. IT was pure classic moment. That moment where I wish I had a photographer following us JUST to capture her! After everyone was done singing, dad threw her some keys to her own truck. Charley had said back when they were little that on the kids 13th birthday that he wanted to get them a truck that they can rebuild and learn how to take care of. I just wanted to buy her shoes. He definitely got the best parent award for LIFE!




That night, we took her to get her ears pierced. She has been wanting to do it forever but kept chickening out. In fact she did change her mind again but we as bad parents took her anyway lol. She did fine.. ok she did cry even before the lady did it. She got so emotional before the actual piercing she started to cry. But she looks so beautiful with those earrings in. Now, hopefully she will buy some fun accessories THAT I can "borrow" from her without asking ;)






We had dinner at one of my fave places and then went home. She had planned a sleepover for friday- so that plan was going to be interesting......

The Sleepover

4 girls showed up and we planned on going to a 7pm movie to see The Great & Powerful Oz and let them do some shopping at the mall. If there was time, then hit the yogurt shop for a treat. Hubby ended up working late so I wanted till the 9:45 movie... again this is showing my age because my 8pm I am ready for bed and no more kids. Keep in mind that they have been asking to go to the mall since 5pm- right when they showed up.
We finally make it out of the house and to the mall at 8:30. That left them with 30 to power shop.. I get out the car like a normal mom and suddenly 5 hyper teens start shooting and running out of the car like it was on fire LOL. I calmly walked in a different direction enjoying my little window shopping in peace :)

By 9:00pm we were back in the car and decided to go get that yogurt to pass the time before the movie... again it was like the car was on fire as they exited the car. Oh to be 13 again!


We all finally got home a little after midnight... and somehow teen girls still have a LOT more energy than their parents. Hubby and I went to bed right away while the girls laughed and giggled and talked. I had gotten up around 3:30am for a potty break and they wer all STILL up.. still chatting, giggling, laughing.

One of the guys got up at 5 for work and they were STILL up. Oh there is for sure going to be some crabby girls tomorrow- especially when they have to up and bright-eyed at 9am. MUhahahahahahahahha



THE MORNING
Waking up 5 girls that didn't get any sleep is HILARIOUS! Watching them jump awak and mumble some kind of words is totally video worthy, but once again I went unprepared . Bummer. I am sure their parents would have loved the footage.

Over all I think it was a great birthday for my little girl. I do admit that I am not a cool mom for sleepover for older kids. Now, a sleepover with babies.. anytime :)


No comments:

Post a Comment